2022 Program of Work
Advance and promote the industrial, commercial and civic interests of the City of Searcy, Arkansas, and its vicinity and thereby secure and preserve a high quality of life for its citizenry.
Promote sound economic growth for business, industry and agriculture in the Searcy and White County area. Of equal importance, shall be our efforts to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for our residents. To that end, we will continue to promote Searcy through persistent attention to our values.
1) Market and Promote the Searcy Region
A. Promote Searcy as a destination and a great place to live, work and conduct business
- Produce the annual Searcy Newcomer's & Relocation Guide
B. Promote Tourism
- Produce and sell ad space in the Searcy Visitor's Guide
- Seek funding from the A&P Commission to market and advertise our area
- Arkansas "Love Where You Live"
- Searcy Newcomer's & Relocation Guide
- Searcy Visitor's Guide
- Continue to build relationships with the Arkansas Parks & Tourism Department, Greers Ferry Lake Little Red River Tourism Association and Main Street Searcy to promote our area
- Promote festivals and larger events in White County
2) Foster Economic Growth
A. Provide Economic Development services to the City of Searcy
- Use best efforts to recruit and attract new employers, businesses and industry to the Searcy region.
- Prepare, as appropriate, advertising materials and brochures respecting Searcy and its environs.
- Prepare such maps and charts as are appropriate to delineate the areas within the Searcy region which are suitable for economic industrial development.
- Coordinate the extension of all necessary municipal services to new business and industry which may be in the Searcy region through the efforts of SRCC.
- Promote the development of State and Federal highway systems in and to the Searcy region.
- Promote the growth of existing business and industry in the Searcy region by establishing programs, presentations, and other educational materials or opportunities as may be needed by such business or industry.
- Assist Searcy, as may be requested by Searcy, in formulating Master Street Plans which will facilitate the flow of traffic in and through Searcy in light of the expansion or anticipated expansion of the business and industrial area in Searcy.
- Prepare such studies that are deemed appropriate to facilitate the development of the business and industrial facilities in the Searcy region.
- In general, to do and perform such other activities and functions as are necessary and appropriate to the pursuit of the common goal of Searcy and SRCC in attracting and developing business and industry to Searcy, aiding in the creation of new jobs, retaining existing jobs, and improving the economic environment in Searcy.
- Provide quarterly reports to the city council reflecting activities pursuant hereto during the term hereof.
B. Business Retention & Expansion (BRE)
- Conduct annual visits with existing industries and major employers
- Strengthen and build relationships with local, state and federal elected officials to assist in advocating for the business community.
- Seek new targeted industry businesses by building relationships with site consultants through engaging in partnership organizations, to include attending international and national conferences, corporate headquarter visits and site consultant events. Targeted businesses include: Tourism, Healthcare, Food Processing, Advancing Manufacturing, Distribution and Logistics, Aviation, Firearms & Ammunition and Technical Support.
- Participate in partnership organizations such as Metro Little Rock Regional Alliance and the Arkansas Economic Development Corporation to continue to market and promote available building and sites, as well as the community to potential businesses.
- Maintain data for Searcy on the www.arkansassiteselection.com website.
C. Develop Workforce Development and Education initiatives
- Facilitate programs such as Career Fairs that encourage high school students to look at technical careers as a viable career option
- Facilitate collaborative meetings with business, industry and educational personnel to conduct plant tours and onsite visits.
3) Government Affairs
A. Advocate for our members and the business community
- Continue to position the chamber of commerce as the voice of businesses to all levels of government.
- Coordinate and host events to educate, inform the membership, elected leadership and public on key issues and activities.
- Advocate chamber positions on local, state and federal legislative issues of importance to the Searcy business community
4) Improve the Quality of Place in the Region
A. Support local placemaking efforts
- Support the development of Short and Long term Strategic Plans for the City.
B. Cultivate Leaders through the Leadership Searcy and Leadership Searcy Alumni.
5) Membership Services
A. Develop Services to assist and promote member businesses
- Continue to expand and develop the chamber's website to ensure it is a useful tool for members and website visitors.
- Use the chamber's social media platforms to promote member Hot Deals, events, job postings, news, and noteworthy events.
- Continue to improve the weekly Things to Do email.
B. Develop programs and events to strengthen and promote member businesses.
- "In the Know" Series
- Shop Local
- Annual Awards Banquet
- Business Expo
- Chairman's Memorial Golf Tournament
- Existing Industry Luncheon (if possible)
- Annual Legislative Breakfast (if possible)
- Monthly and Quarterly Networking events including Member luncheons and other events such as Connect @ 5
C. Provide business education services
- Have the Small Business Committee seek and collect information, programs, and ideas that will assist member businesses
- Host or distribute information about seminars and webinars
- Continue to work with the Conductor, Arkansas Small Business & Technology Development Center