The Searcy Regional Economic Development Corporation’s “100 for the Future” is an organization made up of a group of business and professional people who are concerned with the economic and industrial growth of Searcy and White County; each of whom invests a minimum of $250 per year. A separate organization from the Searcy Regional Chamber of Commerce, it is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors.
Goals of the SREDC
- To attract new employers and to expand existing industries and business.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of Searcy and the trade area and then work to build upon strengths and correct the weaknesses.
- Work to improve communication and cooperation between governmental agencies on city, county, state, and federal levels, and involve the business community, educational institutions, cultural organizations, and the citizens in working toward creation of a better Searcy.
- Seek to expand the base of financial support for economic development, realizing that all citizens benefit from sound, planned economic growth.
- Actively seek both large and small industry for Searcy.
What does the future hold?
Opportunities for Searcy and White County are unlimited. We are well on our way to becoming the center of industrial, medical, educational, and cultural activities of North Central Arkansas. This continual process must be worked toward every day. The “100 For The Future” has become the catalyst that the chamber, city, county, state and federal governments, educational, medical, business and professional people can rally around to take advantage of opportunities.