Community Action Program for Central Arkansas (CAPCA)
In partnership with our community, CAPCA is committed to educating eligible participants by providing quality services which empower lives, expand self-reliance and increase community involvement.
The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas (CAPCA) was formed May 18, 1965 as a private non-profit 501(c)(3) agency. CAPCA provides an umbrella of services to low income families in Cleburne, Faulkner, and White Counties in Arkansas.
Programs: LiHeap Utility Service- we can help pay on regular or disconnect bills. We do this in the winter and summer. In the winter we pay on electric, gas, and propane. In the summer the we only pay on electric bills. We take applications Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Services in Cleburne, Faulkner, and White Counties
• Community Service Block Grant (CSBG): Emergency Assistance/Case Management
• Low Income Home and Emergency Assistance Program (LiHEAP)
• Assurance 16
• Individual Development Account (IDA)
• The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- USDA Commodities
• Weatherization (DOE and LiHEAP)
• Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Homeless Prevention, Rapid Rehousing, Emergency Shelter, and Street Outreach
• Food Pantry
- Donations and AR Food Bank
• Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
• Good Neighbor Fuel Fund
• Fan Program
• Reality Enrichment and Life Lessons (REALL)